How we use your personal information
1. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to this Website (our website). This privacy notice explains how we use the data we collect. As a user of our website, please be confident that we will not compromise your privacy. If you chose to input your data onto our website, we will store it securely and we will respect your marketing choices.
2. Unless we advise otherwise:-
• You are not required to provide any data to access the public areas of our website.
• At the time you submit any data in our web enquiry form, we will be the data controller of all data uploaded by you.
• Our contact details, together with our registration details for the UK’s Data Commission Office(ICO), are set out below.
3. if you choose to submit data to us on our website by completing our contact us form, we will collect details such as your name, email address, telephone number and postal address.
• Always store your data securely and we will never ask you for any data that we don’t need. For example, we do not collect any special categories of personal data about you through our website, such as details about your race, ethnicity, religious beliefs or information about your health.
• Only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it subject to limited exceptions, such as where we reasonably consider that we can use your data for another reason which is compatible with the original purpose for which it was collected.
• Only use and process the data you provide to us where we have a lawful basis for doing so.
Any data we may collect from you be will processed on the basis that you have accepted our terms and which may include provision for your consent. ( Please note that you have a right to withdraw consent at any time.)
There are other lawful bases for our processing your data which includes that it is necessary for:-
1. The performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract,
2. Compliance with our legal, regulatory and/or professional obligations,
3. The purposes of pursuing our legitimate interests,
4. Establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
We will not disclose your data to any other third parties unless:-
1. We are required to do so by law,
2. Disclosure is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings,
3. It is to exercise or defend legal rights or
4. We have your consent.
Where we transfer your data as described above, whether such transfer is within or outside the European Economic Area, we will always ensure that such transfer is safe and secure by ensuring that adequate safeguards are put in place to protect your data. We keep data in accordance with our internal retention procedures, which are determined by our legal, regulatory and professional obligations and accord with good practice. The retention periods differ depending upon the nature of the data we hold and the reasons why we are holding it, and are subject to change.
Please be assured that:-
• We only keep your data for as long as we need to,
• When your data is no longer required, we will delete it securely.
You can manage cookies by changing your browser settings to disable/delete cookies. To find out how go to http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/. Please note that if you disable cookies the functionality of our website on your device may be affected and you may not be able to access certain parts of our website.
2. When you visit our website our server will temporarily record your IP address (similar to a phone number, it is a unique number that allows your computer or device to communicate via the internet). If you are accessing our website from a business IP address, we also capture details of which organisations have visited our website.
We are committed to ensuring that your data is secure. In order to protect the data you input to our website from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss, we have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process your data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data.
However, the internet is not a secure environment and we cannot, therefore, guarantee the total security of any data transmitted to our website. Whilst we utilise the latest virus protection software, we cannot guarantee our website is free of computer viruses or other harmful applications so such transmission is at your own risk.
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. When you leave our website please be sure to read the privacy notices and policies of those other websites. This privacy notice applies solely to data collected by our website. We do not endorse the content on any other websites that can be accessed via our website.
You are entitled to:-
• View the personal data we hold about you and request that we amend it or delete it, subject to some exceptions,
• Request that we restrict our processing of your data or to object to that processing.
Please email any request to us at Stag Building Services. (Please note we may require further data from you in order to verify your identity before disclosing, amending or deleting any of your data).
In most cases, we will deal with your requests free of charge and within one month of receipt of your request. However, there are exceptions that may allow us to charge a reasonable fee to cover our administration costs and/or extended the time period for dealing with your request to two months from receipt of your request, such as where your request is complex or repetitive. If an exception applies, we will keep you informed.