Specialist in Garage Conversions Hertfordshire

There are many reasons for a garage conversion, it definitely is a home improvement project well worth considering. If you have an attached garage that is doing nothing but gathering clutter and a need for extra space, then converting the garage into living space is a great idea, and much more cost-effective than building an extension.

A garage conversion is also a project that creates minimum disruption to your living conditions whilst work is underway. 

Our costs start from £11,995 all-inclusive for a very basic garage conversion in Hertfordshire, but it is a good idea to carry out a garage conversion in tandem with a remodel of your existing ground floor.


This will allow you to rethink your whole floorplan, ensuring you really maximise both spaces as well as the way natural light will flow throughout the new space. This guide explains everything you need to know about converting your garage into a habitable space.

Basic Single Garage Conversion
Up to 12 x 22ft
£11,995 all-inclusive 

Plasterboard with plaster finish

Floor / Walls / and Ceiling insulated 

Upright Verticle Radiator

x 1

Electric Sockets

x 4 Double 



Skirting  ( White satin wood finish )


x 6 LED Ceiling Spots

Door through to property x 1

White PVC window /  Building Regs Approved

Walls ( Paint finish white emulsion )

Fixed Price Garage Conversion 

Our fixed price for a single garage conversion in the Hertfordshire region only, Starts at £11 995. Our price is based on the standard size of a single car garage in the UK, up to a maximum of 12 x 22 feet. 

For more information contact your nearest number on our contact page...

Basic Single Garage Conversion
Planning permision if required
£1,400 all-inclusive 

We will sort all architect drawings, building regulations, and planning permission, on your behalf.

Do I Need Planning Permission for a Garage Conversion?

Most integral garage conversions in Hertfordshire do typically fall under Permitted Development, meaning planning permission is not required. However, it is still best to check with your local authority.

If you live in a conservation area or in a listed building, you will almost certainly need planning permission. It is also worth checking for any planning conditions attached to the house or garage when constructed (i.e, the garage has to remain as parking) before beginning works as an application will need to be submitted to remove the conditions.

Primary areas we operate: Builders near me..

Bricketwood, Knebworth, Stevenage, Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Radlett, Shenley, Wheathampstead, St Albans, Watford, Hertford, Hatfield, Welwyn, Ware, Welwyn Garden City, Harpenden, Redbourn, Codicote, London Colney, Panshanger, Marshalswick, Jersey Farm, Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock, Hemel Hempstead.